Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Laura, you're killing me. Or maybe it's the other way around...

Hopefully this will satisfy your cravings.


I only had my mini 500ml water bottle holder to play with today and therefore didn't have space to cram my crappy Olympus amongst the 900 calories and single water bottle I had for the 4 hours (not enough!).

And if that doesn't satisfy your cravings, maybe this will.




I recently spent a week vacationing in Mexico on my own, visiting my Aunt. Once fully relaxed after a few days I started exploring and touring around. I got to go surfing for my first time which was a highlight of the trip. The night life at that place is wild, much different than Whistler in terms of guy to girl ratio, pretty much the opposite actually, and night clubs are open till 5am. Only the clinically insane stay out that late though - arriving home to a beautiful sunrise and then sleeping all day long.

My Aunt's boyfriend, Marcelo (you may remember him as my Mexican foot man from back when my hand was broken), was kind enough to provide the services of his restaurant, La Fonda, to provide yours truly with dee-lish Mexican cuisine and an array of his cocktail book's cocktails.



The outdoor section of where eating occurred.

Where tanning occurred (rooftop). The only place where I could lounge in the sun without being hassled by the beach hasslers selling their wares.

Sayulita, where I went surfing. The waves sucked apparently but I was able to stand up so that was fun. Also shredded my foot on a rock. This place was way better than PV, small-town feel and surf.



Swimming hole up at where they filmed "Predator" with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

One of the main accomplishments of the trip - conquering the Rubik's triangular pyramid. Not for the faint of heart.

No comments: