Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Sponsor: Manitoba Harvest


It is with great pleasure that I announce my partnership with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Food & Oils. The company is committed to athletic excellence and is the first company to produce a dissolvable hemp protein powder (Hemp Pro 70), a great substitute for those of us who can't digest milk protein powders well. 

Hemp is hailed as a super food due to its excellent amino acid profile, high mineral and vitamin content, and it's abundance in omega-3 and rare omega-6 GLA fatty acids. I have supplemented hemp to my daily diet with great success in the last two months. Hemp Hearts are a simple and effective addition to breakfast cereal (as well as salads) and hemp products have turned me into a smoothie enthusiast. 

My favourite smoothie recipe:

- ripe banana
- 4 locally grown strawberries (they are red right through and taste way better)
- 3 dates
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 protein powder
- kale or spinach (to taste)
- plain yogurt
- generous helping of cinnamon
- splash of fruit juice
- squirt of Manitoba Harvest hemp oil


The hemp products give the smoothie a nice green nutty flavour. A huge bonus for me with the hemp protein powder, is that it is much easier for me to digest compared to various milk protein powders that I have tried. I have said goodbye to bloating and cramping post-smoothie. 


Thanks Manitoba Harvest!

1 comment:

Manaka Niita said...

I like mixing whey protein with banana because for me, it lessens the awful after taste of whey and also I would like to try your mix.