Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Getting the ball rolling

Yesterday I left North Bay to begin the journey to Italy for my first overseas racing experience (if you don't count Greenland) at the World University Games that start on Wednesday. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind as I finished the semester of full-time study (4 courses) at Nipissing. Writing my exams early and handing in all of my assignments was right down to the wire on Friday and the fact that I am heading to the 2013 World Championships venue to represent Canada is just starting to dawn on me after being so focused on studies for a short time. The trip overseas and the anticipation of actually getting there will be accentuated by how long it is going to take us to travel there. Coach Toivo, Kajsa and I left North Bay yesterday afternoon on a short flight to Toronto. Our flight from Toronto to Munich last night was cancelled, and so here I am in a nondescript Toronto airport hotel wiling away the hours until our rescheduled flight (I should really be writing my last essay that is due in a week's time. Hopefully blogging will get those creative juices flowing?). Our 18 hour trip is now turning into a 48 hour odyssey. I guess it will be a good opportunity to get to know my coach, Toivo, a bit better since we have both been busy this fall (he is a prof at the uni) and have only worked together about 2 times per week at team training. 

Anyways, I should keep this post short since I have set myself the goal of blogging every 2 days about my trip to Europe. I need to pace myself if that is going to happen. I will be in Italy for 2 weeks, then Sweden for 1 week and then Canmore for 12 days. I have some making up to do for a lack of blogging this fall, so here it goes...

For a short clip of training this fall, check out this video of a classic roller ski time trial that was held at a regional Ontario training camp in early November (I am at :25 and 1:32 (#301)):

No comments: