Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

TD Exclusive!: Arguably Dominant


Mike Argue is the man. Most people already know this and that his CCC calendar pic from a couple years back is my background on my cellular - he's my homie from the North and today he lit it up.

Today Mike Argue of Yellowknife, NT won the Canmore Noram Skate Sprint against a star studded A-final with the likes of Sean Crooks, Alex Harvey, Jeff Ellis, Stef Kuhn and Phil Widmer, finishing in that order. Argue put together a text book race, filing in for a draft off the start, keeping it cool and conserving energy then attacking the downhill into the stadium to put a gap on the field. Argue held off a charging Crooks with a lunge that is only rivaled by the infamous two-footed lunge to bring home his first NorAm victory. The win could not have come at a better time as this now puts him as a top contender to don the Canadian race suit at the World Champs in Liberec, Czech Republic this February.
.
After the race an elated Argue stated, "It's about time!" when an Alberta World Cup Society-jacket wearing official informed him of his selection for doping control.

The baby blue Argue stalking the leaders from behind at the midpoint of the course, ever-patient in the execution of his spirit crushing surge.

As for me, an update outlining my dismal performance will be in the works for the next few days. And there's also a rumour that the TD's athlete of the week interviews might be coming back...stay tuned - I think I know who I might interview for the next one ;)

5 comments:

Amanda Ammar said...

Great Update! Argue is the man....YKI!

Amanda Ammar said...

what the crap is anorak???

Thomsen D'Hont said...

I believe it's a type of pull-over fur parka developed by the peoples of the high arctic to withstand extreme cold. Or something along those lines anyways.

MG said...

haha I thought i heard Linda in there

Thomsen D'Hont said...

hah, you think you did, but that was straight me making it up on the spot! After all that's what everybody wears in Yellowknife, right Michael? Right? That's right.