Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The great Canadian road trip?

Ok, this started with me and Pate's incredulous gasps as to how far away Rossland is, and how long the ensuing roadtrip will be to the next NorAms...  Whistler to Rossland: 740 km, 8 hours 54 minutes!!!  For what was thought to be a child's play, half-day drive.

How about this behemoth...  9,325 km, 5 days 4 hours of non-stop driving.  You can visit every province and territory in Canada pretty much.  Sorry Nunavut...if it was before 1999 it would be every province and territory if you did a quick stop-over in PEI...

View Larger Map

I think I would do Inuvik to St. John's as opposed to the other way, that way it feels like you're coming back to civilization and actually getting somewhere.  

I love Google maps...

No comments: