Intro

Welcome to my blog! This is a site where you can keep up to date on my life as a full-time athlete in the sport of cross country skiing. You can expect regular updates throughout the year as I report on training, racing, life in general and maybe even some school. Sponsors, family, friends and fans: Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Mode.

I just got back from demolishing an Anatomy and Physiology midterm. I have been buried in books for a while now in my attempt to get school done by my deadline of Sept 30th. If i do not finish by then, i cannot afford Whistler. The funding i get when i do school allows me to afford to live in this perfect training condition paradise. Let's hope i can finish soon...

I suppose that's what is affecting my frequency of posting. All my creative juices have been converted into photographic memory juices, so blogs are gonna be brutal for a little while. Went for a 3:15 hike/run up to Rainbow Lake yesterday. It was sick! basically started from our house, got to the top of the ridge where we could see Callaghan and then booked it back down the mountain. Laura McLeod came with Logan, Pate and I. Good run. There's also a glacier up on the mountain looming above our place. Wanna go check that out some day...

Someday there will be pictures up from this run, someday.

In the meantime, if you want to read something cool about how oldschool the technology being used by most of Canada's sports teams is, including Cross Country Canada and Speed Skate Canada (don't know what its actually called), check this out.

http://www.fact-canada.com/discus/messages/10/1198.html?1217562795

Did you know that most of the exercise physiology theories that are followed in North America are 80 years old? There is more and more proof against these theories. time for change methinks.

In reality we know so little about the human body and the processes that occur within. It is a process/journey that demands open-mindedness and research for a better understanding. Only time will tell.

In reality all we have is time, haha.

So make the best of it.

Time to hit the books. Again. And again.

No comments: